Viajar is the Spanish word for ‘travel’. If you’re planning a trip to a Spanish-speaking country, you should learn some basic expressions and words that can help you get along in different situations.
On this page, I’ve gathered some of our best resources to make your travels easier and more enjoyable. From essential travel phrases to ordering food and drinks, these guides are designed to make your interactions with locals easy and stress free.
Let’s jump right in!
- 91 Top Spanish Travel Phrases & Words for Tourists: Get familiar with these essential Spanish phrases to navigate different situations you may encounter in your trips. From being at the airport to shopping and more. I’ve seen courses where people pay for the exact same information in this guide. Save that for your trip and read this instead!
- How to Ask for & Reserve a Hotel Room in Spanish: Check this guide to learn expressions and vocabulary related to hotel accommodations. Everything travelers need to book a hotel room from the Spanish phrases to use to reserve a room to talking about dates and more.
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Order Food: If you’re traveling to Spain or a Spanish-speaking country in Latin America, you’re likely to try the local food. In this guide, you’ll find the key Spanish phrases, questions and words you need to order dishes at restaurants you visit while you travel.
- A Vegetarian and Vegan’s Guide to Ordering Food: This guide will give you the Spanish vocabulary you need to help you navigate menus and order delicious vegetarian and vegan meals with confidence. It includes the specific words you’ll need to ask if dishes adhere to your diet.
- How to Order Tacos in Spanish?: If you’re traveling to Mexico, tacos are a must-try. Learn how to order them like a pro with this guide. This guide goes beyond the basic words and delivers an entire breakdown of the Spanish phrases you need to order tacos and ask about the specific types of meat and ingredients in this language.
- The Complete Guide on Ordering and Asking for Drinks in Spanish: Enjoy your favorite beverages and connect with locals using this step-by-step guide on ordering and inquiring about drinks in Spanish.
Additional Spanish Resources to Speak When Traveling
The guides listed above are enough to help you communicate during your trips. If you want to take your conversational skills further, you can also learn some common greetings in Spanish. Also, adding some basic nouns and essential verbs to your vocabulary can help you express your ideas more effectively.